During his media tours, AEW chief Tony Khan continued to say at home that tonight’s AEW Grand Slam would be a major event with four hours of dynamite and rampage action — one that included surprises.
On an appearance with Busted Open Radio on Wednesday, Khan used the phrase again for the Tonight Show that he can “up his sleeve” and that surprises may be in store for both Dynamite and Rampage. , the latter of which is being taped for Friday. ,
He said that four hours of tonight is “the closest thing to a PPV on TV we’re going to get,” he reiterated. on Tuesday’s podcast When he said it would be “the most stacked four hours we’re going to present over two hours of Dynamite and two hours of Rampage.”
During the Busted Open Appearance, Khan said in the house that tonight’s show would be of great value to wrestling fans in the area buying tickets and urged them to come to the show if they are in the arena. Unlike last year, the event is not selling out.
On the Tuesday podcast appearance above, he said Wednesday’s show will be “the best live wrestling event in New York all year long for live fans.”
Here are some other notes from that appearance in click,
- He could not comment on MJF’s contractual status after speaking about it at Ariel Helwani’s MMA Hour. Khan said that MJF’s return is great for wrestling fans and has “gained a lot of ratings momentum.”
- He confirmed that AEW would debut in this Northern California/Bay Area, but could not confirm whether it would be for next March’s Revolution.
- When asked what could have happened, he could not rule out the possibility of The Elite versus The Undisputed Elite in the future.
- He could not discuss any industry speculation/rumors regarding the future WBD/NBCUniversal merger.
- He reiterated that he would love to bring Ring of Honor back as a weekly TV show and that he would continue to talk to WBD “quite often” about it. The fact that this year’s two pay-per-views have been the top three or four most successful for the company has helped those conversations.
#Tony #Khan #teases #surprises #AEW #Grand #Slam #Dynamite #Rampage