Speculation about the rumors of pro wrestling is a beloved pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors spreading around the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that – rumours. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestler rumor mill. We track the accuracy of rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the day:
- AEW previously held a talent meeting Dynamite Grand Slam, per pugnacious selection. Details were scarce, but it was said to be a pep talk for the roster that was positively received.
- The site also spoke to a few AEW veterans, one of whom said the past three weeks have been much more relaxed than how things led to Everything out. The other said the last three shots are the best the locker room has been in a long time.
- Another of Fightful’s AEW sources used the term “addition by subtraction” to describe current backstage culture, but wasn’t specific about who they were referring to.
- In a report indicating that AEW had talks with Saraya over the summer (which appear to be correct after last night), Fightful also said a source told them Triple H’s team may be interested in bringing her back to WWE.
- wrestling‘ Brandon Thurston believes SmackDown will remain on Hulu when the streaming service’s deal with WWE expires this weekend, “because next day Smackdown rights will be sublicensed by Fox to Hulu as a separate deal.”
- On September 16, WWE filed for trademarks for “NXT Europe” and “NXT Global”.
If you’ve heard any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check out our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be true.