AEW rolled into New York City’s Arthur Ashe Stadium for yesterday’s episode of Dynamitewhere they also recorded tomorrow night’s episode (September 23) of rampage.
- Sting & Darby Allin defeated Brody King & Buddy Matthews. At the finish, Sting went through two tables and was handcuffed in the ring. Darby Allin and Brody King knocked each other out, leaving Buddy Matthews in the ring with a helpless Sting. That’s when The Great Muta came out for a giant doll. He shot Matthews in the face with the green mist and Sting won the match with the Scorpion Death Drop. It was noted that Julia Hart had a “very ugly looking fall” on a table bump and was helped back.
- HOOK & Action Bronson defeated Matt Menard & Angelo Parker in a fast match. HOOK & Bronson each used the Redrum finisher at the same time to pick up the win.
- Wardlow & Samoa Joe won against Tony Nese & Josh Woods. Mark Sterling received the Powerbomb Symphony after the match.
- Jade Cargill retained the TBS title with a win over Diamante. Trina turned after the match against Diamante. Trina shook Jade’s hand and left with her.
- Jungle Boy defeated Rey Fenix with a small pack. Luchasaurus choked on Jungle Boy after the game. Christian (with his arm in a sling) cut a promo about Boy and told him not to mind his business.
- Sammy Guevara was declared the winner of Eddie Kingston. Guevara called Kingston a fat piece of shit before the match. Kingston won the match after Sammy passed out in the Stretch Plum. However, Eddie refused to release the hold after the bell, so the decision was reversed. Kingston snapped and attacked security.
- Hangman Page won the Grand Slam Golden Ticket Battle Royal after eliminating RUSH with Deadeye on the ring apron. He now takes a world title against Jon Moxley in Cincinnati on the October 18 episode of Dynamite. Some of the other contestants in this competition included The Blade, Penta, Brian Cage, Matt Hardy, Dark Order, Lance Archer, Jay Lethal, Dalton Castle, Private Party, Daniel Garcia, Jake Hager, Danhausen, Dante Martin, Best Friends, Lee Moriarty, Ariya Daivari and The Butcher.
- Ricky Starks defeated Powerhouse Hobbs in a Lights Out match. Starks impaled Hobbs through a table and hit his finisher for the win. The match started around 12:20 p.m. ET and “there were a lot of people who left.”
Are you checking out? rampage on Friday?